Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan19803

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a new Macbook Pro on Tuesday when (i hope) it comes out. I was wondering, since I want to get a matte screen, will the Apple Stores carry this? Or do they only have glossy Macbook Pros? It's not a huge problem, but I hear the matte screen is better, and I work in a lot of bright light settings. I know the Apple Store has a bunch of glossy Macbook Pros on display, so I'm a bit stumped with this one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I think that they usually have both of them in stock. Good luck with your new Mac.

You should try both though, the Glossy one is beautiful.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a new Macbook Pro on Tuesday when (i hope) it comes out. I was wondering, since I want to get a matte screen, will the Apple Stores carry this? Or do they only have glossy Macbook Pros? It's not a huge problem, but I hear the matte screen is better, and I work in a lot of bright light settings. I know the Apple Store has a bunch of glossy Macbook Pros on display, so I'm a bit stumped with this one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

In the past (or as with current models), in the retail Apple Store, they have the standard, high-end, and maximum configurations of the 15" in matte and glossy; the 17" they have matte and glossy with the standard display and matte only with the high-resolution display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.