Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjust29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Does anyone know if it is possible to create an app that would allow the iphone to receive email from the company that a person works for through the company Blackberry server?

I work for a company with 50,000 employees that use Blackberry's to get there email all day long. I dont want to use a blackberry when i have my nice iPhone. The only way I can get my email is if I use the Cisco VPN connection on the iPhone to gain access to our email server. My company is very tight on security and wont open up the firewall for iphone users and even has our Web Outlook behind a VPN. I wish there was an app that was able to grab email from the NOC and displayed it on the iPhone.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Nope.

The only way to get Blackberry email onto your iPhone would be for Blackberry themselves to make their Blackberry Connect software available for the iPhone.

It is currently available for Symbian and Windows Mobile phones.

chopstix

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
If your company has 50,000 employees, most likely they have OWA server (a website where you can access your email, something like owa.yourcompany.com) ...which if is the case then set up your email through the microsoft exchange option on the iphone.

edit: didnt read through your whole post. So there is no way you can set it up through microsoft server?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.