Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:13 AM   #1
frank5050
macrumors member

export iTunes album list

Anyone know a method for exporting a list of albums in your iTunes library?

I know about exporting the song list which I can then easily import into Excel which is estentially what I want to do but I only want a list of albums. As it is now I export the song list (9,000+) and then in Excel I have to delete all but one song from each album to get the list I want. With that many songs it takes a long time to get the list down to the ~475 albums I have.

I also see the export to an xml file option but have no idea how to manipulate an xml file.

Any tips would be appreciated.

frank
frank5050 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:12 AM   #2
yamadataro
macrumors 6502

Location: Tokyo, the most culturally confused city on the planet.
The simplest solution I can come up with is to use a database app like FileMaker and make a list of unique album names to eliminate overlaps. Excel might be able to do that too, but I'm not sure.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:15 AM   #3
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

I've already got an online iTunes database set up. Wouldn't take me more than a few minutes to add a "dump albums" feature to it, if you want.

http://www.itunesregistry.com

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store