Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Empyre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Is anyone elses MBP shipping from Shanghai China? Just saw my tracking and its listed as leaving China :( going to be a long flight!

Empyre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Thats a bummer, I figured I wasn't getting mine until next week anyways just because I opted to get standard shipping, but just thought it was a little odd seeing an international origin scan heh

Anyone elses ship from there though?

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
Is anyone elses MBP shipping from Shanghai China? Just saw my tracking and its listed as leaving China :( going to be a long flight!

It won't take as long as you'd think. They do it all the time. It's say by friday, you'll be using your new MacBook Pro.

Enjoy!

Minder Thr33

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
Here's just a guess.

Apple has a deal goign with FedEx to store a boat load in their California locations (a few members have said they had it shipped from there)

Once they were out of stock (or if you order a BTO) they are shipped straight from China

4fingered

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
man mine hasn't even shipped yet. Mind you I'm in Vancouver and I BTO'ed the 7200rpm 320gig drive. Man I can't wait but it says probbably wont be delivered till next tuesday.

would I have been able to get that drive if I got it in the store? or do they not have any BTO options in the store?

Empyre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I would be more than stoked if I was using my computer by Friday, good old standard rate shipping

15inchbrick

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
New 15" 2.53 MacBook Prop

Just ordered a new MBP 15.4/2.53/2X2GB/320/SD/512VRAM-USA
MB471LL/A

Order Date: Oct 14, 2008 at 05:38 PM PDT (Apple)

FEDEX TRACKING:

Date/Time Oct 15, 2008 3:55 PM

Activity Left FedEx origin facility

Location SHANGHAI CN

Details 3:51 PM

hit2cho

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Los Angeles
overnight shipping?

i bought mine the afternoon of the 14th. i paid overnight shipping and as of this morning, my notebook has left the "fedex origin facility" in shanghai. i just HOPE i receive mine by friday.

4fingered

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
Just ordered a new MBP 15.4/2.53/2X2GB/320/SD/512VRAM-USA
MB471LL/A

Order Date: Oct 14, 2008 at 05:38 PM PDT (Apple)

FEDEX TRACKING:

Date/Time Oct 15, 2008 3:55 PM

Activity Left FedEx origin facility

Location SHANGHAI CN

Details 3:51 PM

How come yours has already shipped? I ordered mine:

Order Date: Oct 14, 2008 at 02:54 PM PDT
MBP 15.4/2.53/4GB/320@7200/with mini display port - DVI adapter

Only today has it gone to "prepared to ship"

which BTO options did you get? also did you get any of the mini display port adapters?

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
How come yours has already shipped? I ordered mine:

Order Date: Oct 14, 2008 at 02:54 PM PDT
MBP 15.4/2.53/4GB/320@7200/with mini display port - DVI adapter

Only today has it gone to "prepared to ship"

which BTO options did you get? also did you get any of the mini display port adapters?

I don't think the display adapters have any effect on your shipping time if the MBP is already BTO. I know my display adapter has already shipped and my MBP is still "not shipped"

wadebarker

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
Dallas, TX
Mine has said this since last night:
"Oct 16, 2008 1:00 PM

Left FedEx origin facility

SHANGHAI CN"

Was hoping to get it on Friday but that's looking doubtful now. I'm going to be out of town Monday too, dang.

Empyre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
As of right now my computer is in the air From Anchorage, AK en route to Spokane, WA where I live....so Im just hoping that tomorrow is the magic day...if it doesnt get on a delivery truck, I will see if Its at least at the facility so I can go pick it up

Mx356

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
It's crazy how fast it gets from China to you. I ordered mine about a month ago (the older version now haha) and it was at my house in 3 days. Good luck and hopefully you get it tomorrow...

Empyre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Thanks a lot! I just hope it actually gets to a local facility so its at least an option for me to pick it up, i have a 3 day weekend and would love to play around with my MBP a bit....I'm a new mac user, well, at least since the imac graphite :eek:

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
I live right outside Shanghai now. I wonder if I could order from the US Apple store and just pick it up at the factory :p

tremendous

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
UK? Yeah I'm OK. Stop asking.
You guys realise how many cargo flights there are every day, right? China to NY, via AK, in 15 hours. this is happening numerous times a day. The world is not as big as it used to be. In this day and age, shipping from China will make hardly any difference to it shipping from the other side of the US.

effer

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
Ordered the stock 2.53 MBP at around 2pm PST, Oct. 14th. It just left Memphis in the early hours of the 17th, after being in Anchorage and Shanghai.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Mine left Shanghai yesterday morning but missed the FedEx cutoff.... its now "In-Transit"

wadebarker

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
Dallas, TX
Mine just updated. It's still in transit from Shanghai with an estimated delivery of October 21 by 10:30am. I'm gonna call and get a refund on the overnight shipping. Really wanted it for the weekend, I'll be at the Apple Store this weekend and could have just bought one there. Ugh.

Empyre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
To my surprise i checked my status just now and Its delivered!!! Its at the student mail center, so I'll be rollin' to pick it up in an hour after class!! Cant believe it got here so fast, I feel fortunate that I'll be able to tinker with it all weekend! :D

ohemetophobia

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
To my surprise i checked my status just now and Its delivered!!! Its at the student mail center, so I'll be rollin' to pick it up in an hour after class!! Cant believe it got here so fast, I feel fortunate that I'll be able to tinker with it all weekend! :D

Wow! When did yours ship?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.