Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Oct 16, 2008, 01:18 AM   #1
ckmaes
macrumors newbie

MBA SuperDrive works through USB hub... Using Bootcamp.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, so sorry if it's old news. I've installed Windows XP on my MacBook Air using Bootcamp and noticed that the Apple USB SuperDrive works fine through an external USB hub. Does this mean it's a software restriction that doesn't allow this to happen when running Mac OS? I've seen the hardware mod that can be applied, but doesn't this prove that there should be a software mod to get it working like this in the Mac OS?
ckmaes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 09:12 AM   #2
nineteen
macrumors newbie

Can Use Superdrive through usb hub when booted on bootcamp partition

To confirm,
I have a macbook air - Mountain lion and Windows 7 on bootcamp/parallels
I can use the superdrive connected to a belkin mini powered usb hub when booted from bootcamp, but I have to connect it directly to the air when booted from mountian lion.
Surely this must be some software limitation.
Has anyone found a tweak, allowing the superdrive to be connected through a powered usb hub?

Tim
nineteen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air