Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnywoodward

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Just baught the new MBP and very happy so far. Putting all data entry slots on one side I thought great idea, looks slick, organised and makes sense to put em all together. UNTIL i put my usb apple mouse in and realised im NOT left handed! the cable is quite short on apple mouses so now i have to adopt a retarded way of using a mouse, not clever. Did anyone ever think of this at apple or is it just a way of making me buy a wireless mouse! very cheeky

Bitmap Frog

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Just baught the new MBP and very happy so far. Putting all data entry slots on one side I thought great idea, looks slick, organised and makes sense to put em all together. UNTIL i put my usb apple mouse in and realised im NOT left handed! the cable is quite short on apple mouses so now i have to adopt a retarded way of using a mouse, not clever. Did anyone ever think of this at apple or is it just a way of making me buy a wireless mouse! very cheeky

Don't worry =)

I'm sure they'll soon have on their store a right-handed adaptor for mighty mouse users. Probably under their USB extension cables section..

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I remember when the PB came out and one aspect that Jobs pointed out was that they had USB's on both sides for left or right handed users. Oh well, something else people will need to adjust to. Or you can try a wireless mouse.

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
kind of like the new 24" display that's coming out. the 3 wire bundle that comes from the display to the laptop is fine for the new mb/mbp's it is designed for, but the dvi cable in that bundle does not look long enough to work with older mbp's with the display port on the right and make the magsafe connection on the left. we shall see i guess. sounds like maybe they should have put just a tad more thought into some on these designs.

btw...get a wireless MM and your problem is solved.;)

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA

I don't know about the newer models, but it use to be such that you could wrap the mouse around the back and use it on the right hand side.

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
Bad move on their part. Most of the world is right handed. Maybe Steve is left handed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.