Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:44 PM   #1
sonofsam
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to sonofsam
Roland GR-33 Guitar Synth

I just got around to hooking up my Guitar Synth to GB and it works great! The software instruments are pretty good although not as tweakable as the GR-33 itself.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Cheers
sonofsam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 01:18 AM   #2
mooncaine
macrumors regular

Not yet, but I will! What's your MIDI interface to Mac?

I'm dying to try this. I have an old G4 and I need to find the best value [bang/buck] on a MIDI + audio interface for it, so I can hook up my new GR-33 to it. It's a G&W G4, 733MHz, 512MB RAM. I'm hoping I can put GB on this box and hook up my GR.

So, in connection with using a GR on a Mac: what kind of interface to you use to hook them together?
mooncaine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 01:47 AM   #3
sonofsam
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to sonofsam
I am using an Edirol UA-20 to hookup my guitar synth to GB. It is USB and I bought it at the Apple store almost a year ago. (The day iLife '04 came out)

I got this on because it has MIDI in/out as well as stereo 1/4" inputs. It is made for Powerbooks I guess because it is lightweight and small. It sells for $179, there are other options that are less expensive. I have not tried any other ones out though.
sonofsam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 03:51 AM   #4
mooncaine
macrumors regular

Thanks, Sam! I'm going to an Apple store Tuesday; I'll check out what they've got there.
mooncaine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store