Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebutka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Detroit
So I was having issues with my blackbook and someone at the apple store told me to run this demo virus protection software off apple's website. Nothing was found, and I deleted it. Well the icon is still there in my tool bar and I cant get rid of it... what do I do?
(Its the 2nd from the left, next to last.fm)

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 242

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Hold your command key, click and drag the icon off of the toolbar onto the desktop and release the mouse button. This should remove it from your toolbar.

***edit***

Looks like Eric beat me to the punch! ;)

ebutka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Detroit
Well it works with other icons... but not this one :-(
Nice all 3 of you responded!

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
There should be a tickbox for this in the application's preferences.

As soon as you've figured out how to remove the little logo, drag the whole application to the Trash and empty it. You don't need this.

moodselektor

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2008
if you still need an answer...

So I was having issues with my blackbook and someone at the apple store told me to run this demo virus protection software off apple's website. Nothing was found, and I deleted it. Well the icon is still there in my tool bar and I cant get rid of it... what do I do?
(Its the 2nd from the left, next to last.fm)

search "netupdate" via spotlight then open up the "netupdate preferences" uncheck the box where it says "place... icon on the menu bar" then remove all of the findings by dragging and dropping into the trash can.

that should work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.