Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahrenba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have a slipstreamed XP image that I made. I have a genuine key, don't worry.

Can I use Boot Camp to install Windows from an .iso image?

Alorain

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2007
Canada
Sorry to Dig this up!

Hey guys, didnt want to start an entire new thread, I've burnt my slip streamed ISO to a recordable CD using Disk Utility, but now when I attempt to use that for bootcamp, i'm given a message that says "No bootable devices- insert book disk and press any key to continue". Which is odd, since the ISO is correct and works with Vmware Fusion...does it have to be burnt a certain way? Why would this not be bootable? :confused:

Thanks for any help! :rolleyes:

ahrenba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Hey guys, didnt want to start an entire new thread, I've burnt my slip streamed ISO to a recordable CD using Disk Utility, but now when I attempt to use that for bootcamp, i'm given a message that says "No bootable devices- insert book disk and press any key to continue". Which is odd, since the ISO is correct and works with Vmware Fusion...does it have to be burnt a certain way? Why would this not be bootable? :confused:

Thanks for any help! :rolleyes:

Sometimes drives can be picky about which discs they want to boot from. See if your burning software has a "Burn from ISO/image" option. That's what you want to use. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.