Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
128GB SSD
SuperDrive 8x
iWork '08 pre-installed

------------------

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

rael00

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
how fast do you feel regarding disk access? How fast is when booting or powering off?:D

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
hmm looking at that last pic your viewing angle isnt nearly as bad as the viewing angle pic on gizmodo.

looking good grats though :D

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Price was about 2400 with warranty.

I'm going to do some speed tests for booting once i have everything set up and updated!

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
California
I'd be very interested in hearing your feedback on boot times and other performance observations...my MB with SSD won't be here until Monday :(.

kabunaru

Jan 28, 2008
Congrats on the new purchase. 2400 for a new Macbook that isn't a Pro even with SSD, 4GB. To each their own.

What makes the new MacBook Pro that much better than the MacBook?
Let people be happy with what they have. Stop pressuring them like they made a wrong choice or something like that.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
What makes the new MacBook Pro that much better than the MacBook?
Let people be happy with what they have. Stop pressuring them like they made a wrong choice or something like that.

Now who is stalking who? I will just use the ignore feature on you from now on. I think it is just easy for people who don't care for other posters to use that feature.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
California
Time to realize that as of Tuesday, a choice between MB and MBP has more to do with size preference than performance. A MB with SSD will outperform a MBP with a HD in most real world applications.

beret9987

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Woow. That's shiny. And I want one. But... no Firewire.... -looks sadly at all Firewire HDDs- Excellent purchase though! Tell us how the SSD is. I was thinking about putting one in my Blackbook so i could REALLY toss it around :D

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Oh, we don't care about your shiny new toy (except envy maybe) :D

But a few here are dying to know what model SSD it is and it's abilities

just kidding (sort of)

08mxkfx

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2007
Looks sweet. Im hoping to get the same macbook, might opt for the pro though.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
thanks!

so they have the newer SLC Samsung form the looks of the specs (guess)

A very nice addition, and if that's true, a good price for it.

Hmm, this does now generate some envy i'm afraid :D

dwsolberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2003
Wow

I'm jealous, especially of the SSD. This is the exact setup I've been contemplating, but I'm still deciding between the MacBook and the Air. I'd love to hear real-world (and timed) experience when starting up applications such as Word, Illustrator, and iPhoto. I'd also like to hear about time to save large files in Photoshop or even Word.

I think that's probably the best computer Apple's ever made.

dannn

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
hey, may i ask what kind of battery life you're getting on that thing? is it significantly better than what the hdd based macbooks are getting?

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
4GB RAM (do you even come close to using all this?)
2.4GHz processor (I bet you can't even see a difference between this and the 2.0)
SSD (honestly dude, all the benchmarks show that these things are really no better than standard HDDs)

So yeah, you could've had a MacBook Pro for that money and had a dedicated GPU and VASTLY better display but you opted for a smaller hard drive for more money.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
4GB RAM (do you even come close to using all this?)
2.4GHz processor (I bet you can't even see a difference between this and the 2.0)
SSD (honestly dude, all the benchmarks show that these things are really no better than standard HDDs)

So yeah, you could've had a MacBook Pro for that money and had a dedicated GPU and VASTLY better display but you opted for a smaller hard drive for more money.

Jeeze, maybe he wants a small but powerful notebook for portability and not a 5.5 pound one with a larger screen. Who are you to ridicule what he buys? I would rather have a regular macbook than a pro with all those things. I'm pretty sure that it's not a waste of money to him if he decided that's what he wants and needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.