Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
pretty fun game :)

i just got 257900 on medium. my best yet.

pics or i didn't happen =p

here are mine. the 100 wave completes are easy, rest are medium.

Picture-1.png

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
what's the best strategy for medium?

usually i'd just keep the same 'maze' layout i make with
mostly gatling guns and rockets in the middle for copters.

there's got to be a better way.

qwanza

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
Sorry to Hijack the thread..

I have Mote-m and at first it was great but i dont play it anymore, is fieldrunner worth buying?

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I cant seem to get past 250,000 :( Hard game to put down. My eyes hurt:cool:

same here, those helicopters are really what kill me, and i have the entire middle of the screen filled with rockets and they still get past towards the end. 250,000 mark.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
same here, those helicopters are really what kill me, and i have the entire middle of the screen filled with rockets and they still get past towards the end. 250,000 mark.

Same, I'll post my highscores in an edit, I can't get to wave 100 on medium cuz of those dang helicopters =]

Zym

equlizer

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
well i "almost" did it! I had 1 heart left and i let 1 tank in on level 100:( . 492,500 final score on medium.

equlizer

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
almost the same as the above poster cept i had more goo guns and half a dozen rocket launchers. Gunna try a diagonal pattern next time. Im looking forward to newer weapons, bigger screens.

doneall

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Level 100 - Hard

After literally hours of playing this game, I finally beat level 100 on the hard difficulty.

IMG_0001.png

I don't understand how I outscored my level 100 score with a level 99 score. Does anyone know the formula for scoring?

gospel9

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
After literally hours of playing this game, I finally beat level 100 on the hard difficulty.

I don't understand how I outscored my level 100 score with a level 99 score. Does anyone know the formula for scoring?

Maybe you were selling buildings.
You get deducted from that.

Kloondike

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Selling towers deducts 1000 score points, I believe, and killing more enemies adds to the score points. It's possible you got to 100 with few lives left (leaving some higher scored enemies escaping) and selling a lot more towers than you did in 99.

Edit- Damn, this game is so addicting.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
i can't get past 595200 points and wave 85 on hard.
it's those damn copters man. they screw me over
everytime. they're the only ones who can ever get
through!

Kloondike

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Are you building a strong maze? I tend to start my maze vertically, then alternate to a horizontal segment full of missiles and teslas, only to return to the vertical scheme afterwards. That way I make sure I get the early maze length required to endure the ground waves and get some good horizontal real estate to protect against air. I put goo towers, more or less, every 3-4 towers, and only upgrate the ones in the middle.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Are you building a strong maze? I tend to start my maze vertically, then alternate to a horizontal segment full of missiles and teslas, only to return to the vertical scheme afterwards. That way I make sure I get the early maze length required to endure the ground waves and get some good horizontal real estate to protect against air. I put goo towers, more or less, every 3-4 towers, and only upgrate the ones in the middle.

would you mind taking screenies of the process? it's making me go crazy trying to find a good method.

doneall

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Massive sell-off

Thats why! Thanks. I had to sell all my gunner towers in preparation for level 99. Its a huge wave of helicopters.

Are you sure you want a screen shot of my layout? Isn't that part of the fun?

I will tell you this. Forget the glue towers. They screw up your spacing of the runners. Especially with the helicopters.

Also remember that you can alter the runners path by removing towers as they are moving through your maze. If you time it right, you can have them run through the gauntlet over and over. I only did this on 3 or 4 levels. But every little bit helps.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
moment to be proud, i know i am posting the same thing twice.. but like i said, moment to be proud.. ;)

Attachments

• LOL.jpg
    LOL.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 241

doneall

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
I'm done

IMG_0005.png

I can't do much more than this. I really hope there is an update with more maps, towers, or runners. This is by far the best game I have tried on the iPhone.

supak111

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Fieldrunners HIGH score 660950

Best I can do is 660950 points on HARD and I think my health was at 8 at the end of 100 levels. This game is soooo freaking addictive!

fieldrunners score.PNG

lookma159

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2008
medium!

im getting quite frustrated because i cant get past lvl 49 on medium.

entity, i used your setup as shown but it doesnt work for me. the bikes on lvl 43 usually kill me

do i upgrade as i go? or do i upgrade later?
what do i put down first?do i make the maze first or just put weapoons down as i go?

soryr for so many questions
entity plz reply

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
im getting quite frustrated because i cant get past lvl 49 on medium.

entity, i used your setup as shown but it doesnt work for me. the bikes on lvl 43 usually kill me

do i upgrade as i go? or do i upgrade later?
what do i put down first?do i make the maze first or just put weapoons down as i go?

soryr for so many questions
entity plz reply

i finally beat medium a couple times this week. the real key and effective towers you need are the electrics. place around 8-10 throught the middle of the screen from entry point to exit point, and have a maze running up and down and up and down the screen so runners have to travel the entire screan and are exposed to more fire and electricity until they reach the exit point.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I think to beat this game on hard you have to learn to juggle.

For those that don't know:

Juggling means to lay out the maze in such a way that there are 2 exits for the runners. Then when the runners get close to one exit close it off with a tower and the runners will turn back and head to the over exit. When the runners get close to this exit, sell the tower blocking the first exit and and block off the second exit. With practice, you can go back and worth multiple times.

Then you just need enough missiles or teslas in the center to deal with the 'copters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.