Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wanderinglight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I accidentally deleted some system files (I know, I know), so I had to do a reinstall of my Mac OS X software. Disk 1 was fine, no problems, but I've put in disk 2 and it gets almost all the way finished, then hangs up around the "running iWeb application installer script" part -- it says there are only about 2 minutes remaining on the install (the bar says "finishing installation") but it won't complete.

It's been hanging here for about 20 minutes. I ended up shutting down the computer, ejected the CD and tried it again, same problem. It gets stuck at this point.

What can I do? I'm desperate -- leaving on a business trip early in the a.m. and need to resolve this tonight one way or the other.

Is there a way I can just restart the computer without it prompting for the second disk?

Please help me with this dire emergency!

megplant

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
I accidentally deleted some system files (I know, I know), so I had to do a reinstall of my Mac OS X software. Disk 1 was fine, no problems, but I've put in disk 2 and it gets almost all the way finished, then hangs up around the "running iWeb application installer script" part -- it says there are only about 2 minutes remaining on the install (the bar says "finishing installation") but it won't complete.

It's been hanging here for about 20 minutes. I ended up shutting down the computer, ejected the CD and tried it again, same problem. It gets stuck at this point.

What can I do? I'm desperate -- leaving on a business trip early in the a.m. and need to resolve this tonight one way or the other.

Is there a way I can just restart the computer without it prompting for the second disk?

Please help me with this dire emergency!
I'm having the same problem any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Earlier builds of Mac OS X had a chained installer, which requires both discs to process and complete. If it is getting hung on the second disc, and you have inspected the disc for any visible damage, you may need to look into getting a replacement disc to complete the installation. One can be ordered from AppleCare provided your system is not > 5 years in age.

megplant

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
thanks for the info,

Any ideas on how to get disc 2 out of the computer. I have tried the eject button, and it makes noises as if it's going to eject the disc but... nothing.

I will have to call, I think our computer is an '06, so we will see if we can get a replacement disc.

thanks again for the help.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
thanks for the info,

Any ideas on how to get disc 2 out of the computer. I have tried the eject button, and it makes noises as if it's going to eject the disc but... nothing.

I will have to call, I think our computer is an '06, so we will see if we can get a replacement disc.

thanks again for the help.

Sounds like it's your optical drive that died. Try restarting and hold on to trackpad clicker / mouse left click.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.