Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

culero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Hey guys,

I've decided to sell my iPod touch and was wondering what steps I need to take to clear my data. Will a restore to default settings do it all? Would that also take care of the the registration? Would the new buyer be able to put it under name? Also, do you guys think $350 is a fair price? This is the new 32GB model. The reason I am selling is because I find myself missing the click wheel and just the over all size of the nano. So, I decided to replace my broken 3G nano w/another from the refurbished store. Thanks for any help.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
is it the 1st gen or 2nd gen, also wuts the condition of the ipod as taht might impact the price, if its 1st gen and new you could MAYBE get 350 but ANYthing else, apple refurbished is only 320 for 32gig

oh 2g, then yes 350 is good, unless its rly scratched

culero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003

is it the 1st gen or 2nd gen, also wuts the condition of the ipod

2nd gen, I got it the day they came out. It is in perfect condition, I got a Rebel case for it.

Edit: Thanks tremlock and Dark Angel. :)

KBV1

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
sorry to bring up an old thread but no point making a new one. How do you wipe the iPod touch clean cuz I'm selling mine an it will have bank detais on it as if used this quiet a lot for checking online banking and buying stuff online. How can I male sure this iPod is clean of my details before I sell it?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.