Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 1, 2004, 11:56 AM   #1
jxyama
macrumors 68040

DVD screen capture

i need to capture an image from a DVD movie.

i realize there are copyright implications - perhaps why i can't use Grab while DVD player is in use.

anyone know how to capture an image from a DVD movie?
jxyama is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 12:26 PM   #2
Simon Liquid
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Simon Liquid
Download VLC from http://videolan.org/vlc/ then 'Open Disk' on the file menu to play your DVD. Then you can just take screenshots as usual with command-shift-3 or otherwise.
Simon Liquid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 12:34 PM   #3
Koodauw
macrumors 68040

SnapNDrag

This is a great little app I use alot. It's easy to use, and lets you save pics in JPEG, TIFF & PNG formats. I've used this to capture images from DVD's all the time. You should be able to download it from VersionTracker. Check it out, its a good app.
Koodauw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store