Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:35 PM   #1
dim3pi3cemamii
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to dim3pi3cemamii
How to Add Apps. to IPod touch???

Im a newbie with a lot of technology.
I usually click and drag either a song or picture to my ipod manually....i thought it was the same with apps but im guessing not since it isnt working for me. Does anyone have any advice for me??
dim3pi3cemamii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:46 PM   #2
A N G E L
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to A N G E L
Click on your iPod under the DEVICES section in iTunes, and click on the Appliactions tab.
From there, you have to sync them, so just select the ones you want to use.

I don't have an iPod touch, but I'm assuming that's how it's done. I used to have an iPod video 5.5g and games would always have to be synced.
A N G E L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:27 AM   #3
dim3pi3cemamii
macrumors newbie

under my device i dont have an Applications tab....
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:21 AM   #4
900hwy165
macrumors newbie

Turn on your Ipod Touch and make sure the wifi is active and logged onto the internet. Select (touch) the App Store Icon. It will then allow you to scroll through 100's of appliations, both pay and free. Once you find something you want, then follow the Ipod Touch screen information and it will download directly to your Ipod Touch.
900hwy165 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Cynicalone
macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

Look for this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Touchtabs.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	140578  
Cynicalone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:43 PM   #6
dim3pi3cemamii
macrumors newbie

i looked for that under devices and it isnt there. all i have is summary, music, movies, tv shows, podcast,photos and info.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:52 PM   #7
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3pi3cemamii View Post
i looked for that under devices and it isnt there. all i have is summary, music, movies, tv shows, podcast,photos and info.
Go on the iPod, then to the Settings.app (the icon with little gears) and then to General, and finally to About. If the software version is not 2.something then you do not have applications nor the ability to do so. If it does say 2.something then I suggest you restore your iPod. If you don't have it, then buy it the 2.1 software upgrade for $9 on iTunes.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:52 PM   #8
aethelbert
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3pi3cemamii View Post
What firmware version are you running? If it's not 2.x, third-party applications will not work.
aethelbert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:39 PM   #9
A N G E L
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to A N G E L
Wow... I'm surprised my directions were correct... or almost all the way (forgot to say '...then you can sync').

And hooray, I'll be getting my very own iPod touch tomorrow =D
A N G E L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 02:53 PM   #10
partyBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard2008 View Post
Go on the iPod, then to the Settings.app (the icon with little gears) and then to General, and finally to About. If the software version is not 2.something then you do not have applications nor the ability to do so. If it does say 2.something then I suggest you restore your iPod. If you don't have it, then buy it the 2.1 software upgrade for $9 on iTunes.
Damn it !!! I have version 1.1.5 on my Touch...no wonder why I was having trouble with adding pandora or last.fm on my Touch..I have been trying to fix this problem for like 2 months and i was even going to set up an appoinment to the genius bar until i found this post. Thanks for posting the answer,You know your stuff.
partyBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch