Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I have a first gen iPod touch and am wondering if the new apple earphones, the one with the mic would work before commuting to a purchase.

If not, what is an alternative?

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
You would be able to listen to music with it like normal. But the mic and the remote control features would not work.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
damn really felt like I couldvebtaken advantage of some good recording apps. Mainly recording class lectures.

Any alternatives?

YodaEXE

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
damn really felt like I couldvebtaken advantage of some good recording apps. Mainly recording class lectures.

Any alternatives?

Buy a pocket sized recording device? That's pretty much your only choice, as the 1st gen touch has no mic nor support for one.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
Buy a pocket sized recording device? That's pretty much your only choice, as the 1st gen touch has no mic nor support for one.

The 1st Gen actually does have mic support through the dock connector, but there are no commercially available compatible microphones. People have made their own to use with jailbreak VOIP apps. No idea how well it would work as an 'area mic' for picking up lectures, etc.

A N G E L

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
San Francisco, CA
If you're gonna be recording lectures, you're better off buying an actual voice recorder. They have better quality in the end, which is what you'll need to be giving out your lectures =]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.