Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackosx

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
How do I combine artists in the same album when the artist names vary without changing all the names to say "Groove Armada", the reason being I hate getting duplicate art work when in cover flow... see example below...

http://i37.tinypic.com/30lou9l.png

Cheers,
Jack

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
How do I combine artists in the same album when the artist names vary without changing all the names to say "Groove Armada", the reason being I hate getting duplicate art work when in cover flow... see example below...

http://i37.tinypic.com/30lou9l.png

Cheers,
Jack

Select all the tracks from the album and edit all their info at once, making them all have the same Album Artist name. Then use the Album by Artist view.

jackosx

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Select all the tracks from the album and edit all their info at once, making them all have the same Album Artist name. Then use the Album by Artist view.

Hi thanks for the reply, I don't want to touch the artists names, I have a huey lewis and the news album and it only has one album cover in cover flow with multiple artist names...

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
Yes, that's why he/she didn't say Artist but Album Artist which does exactly what you want.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
A helpful hint from the Forum Rules:
Thread titles. Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.
You may get better responses if you change your title to something more specific. Hope this helps! :)

jackosx

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Sorry to the first replier, (I get what you mean now) my iTunes library is nearing perfection. :)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Sorry to the first replier, (I get what you mean now) my iTunes library is nearing perfection. :)
Mine is far from perfect. I still have a LOT of cleanup to do, adding lyrics, artwork, etc. Out of curiosity, how big is your library? At my rate, it will take at least another year before mine is anywhere near where I'd like it to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.