Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
I love Leechblock for Firefox, but the don't make it for Safari. Is there a way to block specific sites in Safari via a plug in or terminal command? I have about 12 sites I want blocked.

PS: Tried Intigo. It always reeks havoc on my systems.

stockholmsyn

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
I love Leechblock for Firefox, but the don't make it for Safari. Is there a way to block specific sites in Safari via a plug in or terminal command? I have about 12 sites I want blocked.

PS: Tried Intigo. It always reeks havoc on my systems.

So don't go to them, or just use the infinitely superior Firefox, guy.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Parental Control

Use the parental control on your account. You can specify a list of sites you don't want to visit. On top of that, it's much more of a complete solution than stopping Safari from certain sites. For instance you can do things for email and chat as well I believe.

Kan-O-Z

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
You know OS X is not completely secure too, right? Nothing is totally secure unless it is disconnected from the network and physically locked down.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
You obviously cannot read. Nothing is totally secure if connected to a network. And it's Mac, not MAC. There's a difference.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Hmm... seems like stockholmsyn and Windozeisgaylol may be the same person. Obviously, you have never heard the term acronym. There's a difference, and it has nothing to do with the letters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.