Does anyone know if the buttons on the bottom of the Macbook are latex rubber? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Thomas Davie
macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the buttons on the bottom of the Macbook are latex rubber?

I ask because I plan on giving a new Macbook to my girlfreind as a Christmas present, and she has an ana[hyactic allergy to latex rubber protein (think severe peanut allergy). If the feet are neoprene or silicone rubber, no problem. If they are latex rubber I have to remove them and clean all of the adhesive away as well. And I have to clean the packaging prior to giving her the Macbook.

Yes, I have contacted Apple about this, but no response as of yet Another option I've got is to remove the feet (if latex), and glue silicone feet in place with aquarium silicone sealant.

Thanks for anyone who has any info at all.

Tom

(and no, this isn't a joke)
Thomas Davie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:21 PM   #2
wordmunger
macrumors 603

A search for "macbook latex allergy" came up with nothing, so I suspect you're probably fine. But wait for word from Apple to be sure. Given the prevalence of latex allergies I'd be surprised if they made the MacBook feet out of latex.
wordmunger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 05:52 PM   #3
C-47
macrumors newbie

I reckon the anti slip buttons (term used lightly) are neoprene as I've scraped some off to break up the surface to try and get a better grip on desk top, but no luck, still quite slippery. Solution put some electrical insulation tape over the buttons, much better now.
C-47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook