Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlaveToTheIMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Since the PS3 has Bluetooth can I pull video and images from it's hard drive? If so how do I link the systems?

SlaveToTheIMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I Tried To Scan the IMAC From The PS3 And Vice Versa

But it would not sync up. Any idea why it would not connect? It SHOULD CONNECT CORRECT?
Thanks!

archvile

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
As far as I know, you can't directly sync an iMac to a PS3 using bluetooth. However, assuming both devices are connected to the same internal network, you can use Nullriver's MediaLink (http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink) program to access files on your iMac from your PS3. I use it myself, and it works pretty much perfectly. I think the software itself costs $20, but they have a free trial version that runs for 30 minutes (and then scrambles the names of files on the PS3 so you don't know what you're browsing through). IMO, it's well worth the money, though.

SlaveToTheIMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks! I Will Try It, I Have a 320 Gig HD On My PS3

And it's filled with HD movies and images. If I can access them I can then burn them and or use them in IPHOTO etc. I am a big time newbie but this IMAC appears to BLOW AWAY any PC I have owned including my Sony which I loved. The interface is a bit difficult when you don't have anyone to assist but you can clearly see how superior it is to any PC.

SlaveToTheIMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
HELP! I Can't Link My PS3 Using Medialink What Am I Doing Wrong?

I D/L the trial version but it does not "see" the device "PS3" What can I be doing wrong?
THANKS!

archvile

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
Yeah, the trial version never showed the PS3 connected under the devices tab either...

Make sure, on your PS3, that the "media server connection" option is turned on (settings --> network --> media server connection). You may have to restart your PS3 and/or restart the MediaLink sharing for them to find each other.

It worked for me after I did this, but oddly enough the PS3 never showed up on that list until I bought the license for MediaLink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.