Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 21, 2008, 08:04 PM   #1
sparklemotion
macrumors newbie

My iTunes won't open :(

I'm not sure if this has been posted. I haven't been able to use the program for a few days now. I'm running it on a Mac Book Pro 10.5.5. When I click on the icon in the dock, it lights up and the title bar appears, but iTunes never opens. When I right click on the icon, it says "Not Responding". I'm so sad. Does anyone know how to solve this?
sparklemotion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 08:07 PM   #2
macbookairman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm not sure if this has been posted. I haven't been able to use the program for a few days now. I'm running it on a Mac Book Pro 10.5.5. When I click on the icon in the dock, it lights up and the title bar appears, but iTunes never opens. When I right click on the icon, it says "Not Responding". I'm so sad. Does anyone know how to solve this?
try going to apple.com/itunes and re-downloading/installing it.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:16 PM   #3
sparklemotion
macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried deleting iTunes, then downloading again. Still giving me the same guff.
sparklemotion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:21 AM   #4
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

is interesting like I see problems like that on macbooks, macbook pros and imac, but never on macpros!! for that reason I dont want change to my macpro to macbook pro!

so interesting to me.
umbilical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 06:22 PM   #5
fireshot91
macrumors 601

try the CTRL+ALT+DEL version for Mac? and then end the iTunes process? wait..I have OS-X go into the Apple menu, End Processes right?
fireshot91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:27 PM   #6
jon31rm
macrumors member

This just happened to me too, actually (posted a thread under mac apps, never got a reply I don't think).

Anyway, I had to completely reinstall OS X to finally fix the problem. Spent about an hour on the phone with Apple Care with no luck.

Nothing that I know of could have triggered the problem, iTunes just would not open. Clean reinstall of the program didn't work either.
jon31rm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store