Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
I was wondering whether Genius is getting smarter for you guys. Has the quality of the playlists changed over time for you, has it been the same?

For me I have seen no difference whatsoever. I was hoping for an accuracy like Pandora but I am not sure if it will ever get to be that accurate.

What's your take on it?

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
While Pandora continues to astonish and amaze me the so called iTunes Genius feature is a distinct failure.
If a track is not on iTunes there is little chance of any recommendation.
I have no idea what use it is.

D-

:mad:

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
While Pandora continues to astonish and amaze me the so called iTunes Genius feature is a distinct failure.
If a track is not on iTunes there is little chance of any recommendation.
I have no idea what use it is.

D-

:mad:

I agree with you partly, although I don't see it as a complete failure I am underwhelmed by it.

I wish Apple had just bought Pandora. It is the most incredible thing I have ever used and was so sad when they closed it to everyone outside the US.

That's why I am hoping that Genius will evolve over time as Jobs said but so far I don't see this happening.

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2005
I think it is freaking awesome, and I am a huge Pandora fan too. But it serves a different purpose fore me. LOVE YOU GENIUS!

iSaint

macrumors 603
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I really enjoy Genius. Then again, I don't know Pandora though I've heard a few bits of info from friends.

I wish there would be an iPod update to include Genius.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I dont think genius will get any better until apple releases the next itunes update with geniuses code being modified a little.

Thats what I think the info they collect are going to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.