Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
hey there I have a unlocked iphone with the latest software.....I got Cycorder from Cydia and it rules but I have no idea how to get the videos from my phone to my computer. I got nettalk but my iphone still does not show up in Finder..maybe because im using osx 10.4.1? I have never ssh'ed or whatever it is called from my iphone......I have no idea how....anyways if someone could help me get cycorder videos to my computer id be very happy. thanks

littfam

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
netatalk works well, just make sure that you create a network on your mac. Then choose settings on the phone and select the network "joe mac's macbook" that you created. Then look for "joe's phone" in the sharing pane in the finder. Click "connect as" use "mobile" as username and "alpine" as password. it will connect, then look for your videos in the "home/media/video" folder.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
create a network on my mac? you lost me hehe....no idea how to do that

littfam

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
What is your computer setup? Do you have an airport "wireless" card in your computer

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I have an imac with .......i'm guessing airport wireless. it says 'turn airport off' in the top right hand corner so i'm guessing that it is on......i don't have any cables i'm using a wireless router..so yes i think so =)

littfam

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
select the airport an from the drop down menu select "create network". Then go from there.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
hmmm got halfway there......connected to my network on my iphone but......I dont see the shared pane anywhere in Finder....

littfam

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
look in your hard drive icon on your desktop. it should be listed there on the left side

littfam

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
well.......things to try

1. update osx
2. re install netatalk
3. repeat all steps after restarting mac and iphone

would try last one first

sorry it's not working for you. The video function really is cool!

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
got it!! I had to eject 'idisk' before it would show my networks......this is very cool and i really appreciate your help littfam....these videos rock!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.