Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GUILTIE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
My new Glassbook is running kind of hot, so I was wondering what some of the other temperature of others are. Right now it's plugged in and charging. I'm multitasking and playing music, but no big apps. The temps are:

CPA 145 F
Heatsink A 142 F
Heatsink B 128 F
Northbridge 130 F
HD 95

Are these normal? I heard it runs cool but this seems hot...

piano08man

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
Denver
From what I can tell, it's not that hot at all. I just checked one of the machines we had in the shop. It had been sitting just running some music through iTunes and it was just under your temps... but very very close.

Just looking at the numbers, it seemed high to me. But for the aluminum macbooks... it appears to be normal. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

paetrick

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
My new Glassbook is running kind of hot, so I was wondering what some of the other temperature of others are. Right now it's plugged in and charging. I'm multitasking and playing music, but no big apps. The temps are:

CPA 145 F
Heatsink A 142 F
Heatsink B 128 F
Northbridge 130 F
HD 95

Are these normal? I heard it runs cool but this seems hot...

Not hot for a Mac, but for a laptop PC those temps is very unusual. I don't like that macbook got so hot temps when doing "nothing", the fan must go on just surfing youtube :S

dragon01

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
(∫)
I'm getting around 67c just for surfing internet (firefox), listen music (itune) and instant message (Adium).

The RPM fan is running around 2000 ish.

I think CPU temp (65ish C) is running too high. Anyone else?

ultima

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
I don't know why my Macbook Alu seems hotter than normal...
I often run Safari, itune, skype and Y!M...
at first it run cool but now it's always about 10 degree hotter than before...
Should I go to Apple store to have them check it out for me?

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
If you are doing anything with flash things are going to get extra toasty. Either that or games/video encoding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.