Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 24, 2008, 04:57 AM   #1
Nickb
macrumors regular

Connecting Apple TV via ethernet, without a tv

Hi people

I have a problem - my computer is at my office with all my films on, and my apple tv is at home - we dont have wifi in the office im in at the mo, so can i plug my apple tv into the network and discover it without any probs - as its already been discovered at home, so shouldnt need a new code - and then just transfer some films on to it to take home and watch?

or is this abit tricky? as i cant bring a tv up here

will my mac be able to see my apple tv is connected to the same network?

cheers

nick
Nickb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 05:02 AM   #2
Nickb
macrumors regular

can i connect my apple tv directly to my mac via ethernet? so no internet or anything, just a straight connection between mac and apple tv?
Nickb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater