Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I hope Appigo doesn't get mad at me for this but ever since I wrote a review for them I got put onto their beta testing group. So there have been some major new features added, including giving tasks and sorting by contexts and tags, searching through completed and uncompleted tasks, It now looks different when you sync, a lot better looking, and a lot of bugs were squashed. It's much much nicer in my opinion, Link to Article.

Zym

RiGo

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

did they implement the calling a custom number feature (numbers other than those in ur phonebook)? i've been waiting for this feature since the app was released.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Thanks for letting us know. This is one of the more functional applications I use on the iPhone and their updates have improved it a fair amount.

I agree, so many people say that a ten dollar app is outrageous but Appigo's ToDo is definately worth the money; also then they go buy beejive, hypocrites... =]

Zym

gmagnes

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
SubTasks

Are Sub Tasks included in the update you've seen? I use the application and like it, but miss the ability to include subtasks, which is possible online at Toodledo and which I had in Listpro which I used with Windows Mobile. That would really make the application a complete winner for me.

Gerry

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Are Sub Tasks included in the update you've seen? I use the application and like it, but miss the ability to include subtasks, which is possible online at Toodledo and which I had in Listpro which I used with Windows Mobile. That would really make the application a complete winner for me.

Gerry

No, not yet, they have notes though where you can put other tasks ion there, I bet they'll put it in an update, I could email them asking them to

Zym

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
No, not yet, they have notes though where you can put other tasks ion there, I bet they'll put it in an update, I could email them asking them to

Zym

They already have a large number of requests for sub task support and already plan on adding it some time in the future. It sounds like Toodledo will beat them to the punch though in their native app.

RiGo

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

RiGo said:

did they implement the calling a custom number feature (numbers other than those in ur phonebook)? i've been waiting for this feature since the app was released.

i guess that the lack of replies to this means that this feature hasn't made it into the update?

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
They already have a large number of requests for sub task support and already plan on adding it some time in the future. It sounds like Toodledo will beat them to the punch though in their native app.

I still say ToDo is better, even though it doesnt sync as well i like the interface better

Zym

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008

i guess that the lack of replies to this means that this feature hasn't made it into the update?

Not this one, but it would probably be a lot, I mean a lot of code to putin to be able to do this

Zym

RiGo

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008

TheZimm said:

Not this one, but it would probably be a lot, I mean a lot of code to putin to be able to do this

Zym

i don't think so. ther's actually a workaround/hack to do this now. not really a workablr solution but goes to show it could be done easily.

i log into toodledo and manually edit the content of the todo entry and voila! this will create an entry with a name and number not on the address book. they'd just have to write a couple of dialogs to enter the data. it seems quite simple. don't understand why they won't implement it. i hate being restricted to calling only ppl on my addressbook. what if you need to call a number just once and don't need to store it.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I know for a fact that that feature is added, screenshot below,

Also I will take any questions you have about the new version and let you know about it,

Thanks

Zym

i don't think so. ther's actually a workaround/hack to do this now. not really a workablr solution but goes to show it could be done easily.

i log into toodledo and manually edit the content of the todo entry and voila! this will create an entry with a name and number not on the address book. they'd just have to write a couple of dialogs to enter the data. it seems quite simple. don't understand why they won't implement it. i hate being restricted to calling only ppl on my addressbook. what if you need to call a number just once and don't need to store it.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.PNG
    IMG_0003.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 72

RiGo

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008

^ briliant!!!

this app now has everything i need!

i hope the update is released soon!

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
Can you say if they've added the full text view (multiline text) in list view and edit view ?
I (and many of other users) are waiting for this feature ... and hoping to see that soon.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Can you say if they've added the full text view (multiline text) in list view and edit view ?
I (and many of other users) are waiting for this feature ... and hoping to see that soon.

hmmm, I dont think so, what exactly do u mean, like the title?

Zym

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
Zym,
i just wonder if they've added a way do display in
- list view (all task)
- edit (single) task view
ALL the task's text in wrap mode (multiline text).
I've long text todos and to read each task i've to click many task till reach modify single task view ...
Hoping is clearer now

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Zym,
i just wonder if they've added a way do display in
- list view (all task)
- edit (single) task view
ALL the task's text in wrap mode (multiline text).
I've long text todos and to read each task i've to click many task till reach modify single task view ...
Hoping is clearer now

hmm, in the edit mode it;'s like this but not in the list mode,
sorry

Zym

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
I hope you're wrong :)
It's really important for me (and i've read the same request on Appigo's board from other users) to have wrap mode also in full list view.
It's a pain to have to click on each task to display all the text ...

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Hey all,

I've gotten another build, 1.3.7; it takes out a load of bugs, gives better and more translation, and my favorite, syncs faster!

Zym

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
Zym,
thanks for the update ...
No news about wrap text also in list view, isn't it ?

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
Great news !
Do they have a scheduled time yet for the official release ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.