Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Switch Stories

Old Feb 4, 2004, 02:17 PM   #1
r6girl
Administrator/Editor

Send a message via AIM to r6girl
i got a friend to switch!

i'm just happy to say that i got a friend to switch from pc's to macs. i met up with one of my girlfriends at lake tahoe over new year's, and whipped out my powerbook to show her some pictures in iphoto. she took it and played around with it afterward while we were watching tv. she mentioned she was looking for a new laptop, and i gave her a brief demo and sales pitch about why i loved my powerbook so much and recommended them to her. she didn't seem too thrilled, so i didn't push it. but after she got back home, she calls me up (while i'm at the macworld expo, of all places) and asks me for the specs on my powerbook so she could take it to stores to compare to pc laptops as she shopped. i sent her a long e-mail that day with more info about my mac and tried to point out that there wouldn't be an "apples to apples" comparison with pc's, and included a spec sheet downloaded from the apple site. i encouraged her to go to an apple store and check one out, and told her about the educational discount as well. next thing i know, she sends me an e-mail saying she ordered a BTO 12" powerbook! now, i am completely jealous (she has the rev. b model with an 80 gb hard drive and 1 gb of RAM, where i have a rev. a model). and she is loving her pb! despite my jeaousy, i am happy that she's enjoying it so far. now i just have my fingers crossed that she doesn't have any issues with it, or else my reputation is going to be shot!

just had to share...

marianne
Old Feb 4, 2004, 03:13 PM   #2
Rod Rod
macrumors 68020

Congratulations to you and your friend!

I really want to upgrade to a 1GHz 12" PB myself but I'm happy with my computer anyway (12" 867MHz G4).
Old Feb 4, 2004, 03:18 PM   #3
virividox
macrumors 68040

Location: Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbara - Boston (ugh hate not knowing where to call home)
congratulations!!! hehe now start spreading the word.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 03:23 PM   #4
wordmunger
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Rod
Congratulations to you and your friend!

I really want to upgrade to a 1GHz 12" PB myself but I'm happy with my computer anyway (12" 867MHz G4).
You're looking to upgrade already? sheesh! I'm still slogging along with a Ti400! (PB G5, please please please!)
wordmunger is offline   0
Old Feb 6, 2004, 01:11 PM   #5
CmdrLaForge
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to CmdrLaForge Send a message via Skype™ to CmdrLaForge
Congrats - I just did the same. I am hoping as well that everything works fine and that there are no issues with quality or something else.

Cheers
Old Feb 12, 2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Mav451
macrumors 68000

Heh lake tahoe. Quite an interesting place for a switch to happen. It's a really nice place for a vacation. Heck i got a lil golf/tennis time at Northstar; real fun place.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Switch Stories