Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:21 AM   #1
AppleVirgin
macrumors newbie

3G iPod formatted for PC and my new MBP

New MBP arrived today. Haven't seen it yet but one of the first things I want to do is transfer my iTunes library from the old PC to the new MBP. I think I have that sorted by following the helpful guide that exists on this site.

However, what will happen when I plug my 3G iPod (I know, I know - waiting for a 32GB iPhone (at least) before I upgrade) into the new MBP? Will the MAC recognise it, or am I going to have to reformat for use on Mac and then sync from the newly installed iTunes library on the new computer?

Thanks

AV
AppleVirgin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:56 PM   #2
iCantwait
macrumors 65816

yeah, but if you want to reformat it you need a FW connection - dont reformat for mac, the pc format ipod will work on the mac, she'll be right

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod