Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I assume they will leave a note and try to deliver it the following day?

They better not leave it by the door and drive off !

The uncertainty of exactly WHICH day is proving a PIA. Which day should I stay home, or not.. This is the question.. :rolleyes:

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
Yes, they should leave a hangtag saying that they attempted delivery and will be back the following business day. If you miss them, you can call and go pick it up yourself but not before they make the first attempt. There are some drivers that will leave it next to your door but shouldn't if a signature is required.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I bl**dy hope not! You never can tell with these guys. One time they left a £2,000+ lens by the door and drove off!

britabroad

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2007

The uncertainty of exactly WHICH day is proving a PIA. Which day should I stay home, or not.. This is the question.. :rolleyes:

you have the option to pre-sign. there's a link on the same page as your 'apple order status' to print out a form to hang on your door. you have the option to designate a place around your home that you'd like it left (ie, back door), or you can designate a neighbor's address.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My UPS guy just leaves stuff outside the door. Currently dealing with Overstock.com on a missing package.

Crash1234

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008

They SHOULD leave a note and not leave the product sitting on your doorstep, but that isn't how it worked out for me when I bought my iMac last year off the apple website. I came home to find my box sitting on my doorstep. Oh well, it was fine but it had the potential to not be fine. Idk what to tell you and idk if this was just an isolated incident of a carelessness.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
They SHOULD leave a note and not leave the product sitting on your doorstep, but that isn't how it worked out for me when I bought my iMac last year off the apple website. I came home to find my box sitting on my doorstep. Oh well, it was fine but it had the potential to not be fine. Idk what to tell you and idk if this was just an isolated incident of a carelessness.

i think its quite routine for these guys to drop & run. i seriously think that these courier guys don't know the value of what their dropping of, or care for that matter :rolleyes:

dkeninitz

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2003
Germantown, MD
To my knowledge, Apple uses FedEx, not UPS. Everything I've ever ordered from them - a dozen machines, various software, even the smallest cable - has shipped FedEx with a signature requirement. You can elect to pre-sign for an Apple FedEx shipment by going into your order status screen, where you can authorize pre-sign and then print a notice you put on your door. FedEx isn't nearly as forgiving as UPS when it comes to demanding a signature when the shipper has requested one.

Warranty Voider

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Maine, US
I have ordered expensive things using both FedEx and UPS and they have ALWAYS left things on my front steps. When I ordered my imac a couple years back they just left it sitting there in the big white box that had the imac picture and everything on it (this was when they didn't use the brown box over the nice box)... The only people I trust now is USPS.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Apple uses UPS here in the UK. Well at least in my shipment they do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.