Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckd62687

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2007
It appears that both of these apps are for iPods and both require them to be in
"disk mode". I need to get music off of an iPhone and don't believe there is a way to put it in disk mode. Is there a way to get music off of my iPhone and into an iTunes library?

bodybag420

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
yes

make sure you reset your old computer back to original defaults then plug in your iphone into new computer when itunes pops up hit the tab store at the top of the page authorize computer and then go to itunes tab and choose it will bring options up the one you want is transferring purchases from iphone! Note you need to make sure you download all itunes to your iphone or ipod depending on the space from your old computer first before trying this so that is the first step then erase and install your old computer then plug in your device or ipod log in with the same id you used then do the steps with authorizing and then hit itunes and transfer purches from the device or ipod and enjoy!! I didnt pay 99 bucks after all apple always trying to make a buck but not on my watch lmfao!!!:p

Dessiepoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
Image Capture

Using Image Capture you can simply download your photographs and music to your mac

sibir

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
Image Capture?

Image Capture for music?
Is there a trick? On my iPhone 4 it only shows the Camera Roll.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Hi, I used the free version of iPod 2 mac (which works also for my iPhone).

http://www.macroplant.com/podtomac/

You can either purchase it for 20 bucks and have cool stuff.
or you can use the free version where you have to do it one by one.
However, I have 1,300 + songs and once I started I got it over in like an hour maybe (use your keyboard down arrow + click, much faster).

Also it will say you have to wait for 60 seconds after transferring x number of songs, but if you ignore the message after the 60 seconds are down, it will just allow to transfer unlimited.

So I am very happy of this program, now I have all my songs on my mac and itunes library (which I will back up right away so I don't have to do it agaiN!! lol).

Good luck !

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
If the music is "Purchased", connect your phone to iTunes, right click on your device and select "Transfer Purchases". That will transfer all of the purchased music, and apps to iTunes, and you don't need any software to do it. If you need software, iRip 2 works for a lot more than music. There is also podtomac, and senuti, that will work well.

Gusclin

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
DeTune

Just bought my Macbook Pro today. And synced my music with DeTune. Works perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.