Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1
b0n3z61
macrumors newbie

Harm done by playing while charging?

Is any harm done to the touch or the battery if I play it while it charges? Thx in advance.
b0n3z61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:17 AM   #2
iParis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to iParis Send a message via MSN to iParis
Your battery should be fine.
Depending on the game your playing, the battery may not charge as fast.
- Mac mini C2D 1.83GHz / 4GB ram / 120GB HD / 10.8.4
iParis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:10 AM   #3
840quadra

Good discussion on this here, though it gets a bit technical in discussing battery calibration too.

The only thing to add to this is the fact that you get extra heat while charging, and running complex applications. Heat isn't the best for the batteries, so if you have an incase rubberized protector or otherwise, you may want to take it off while doing both.

840quadra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:26 AM   #4
newappleboy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to newappleboy
Hmm. I don't ever play games while it's charging, but I use an aux cable to listen to my iPod touch in my car, and I usually have it plugged in to charge at the same time, mainly because it keeps the display dimmed by active so I don't have to unlock every time I want to switch tracks. Hadn't thought about this.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:28 AM   #5
b0n3z61
macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! I am in fact using the Incase rubberized protector, but I am not running any apps. I am just playing music while charging. I'll check that link out. Thanks again.
b0n3z61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:57 PM   #6
M. Poirot
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0n3z61 View Post
Thank you very much! I am in fact using the Incase rubberized protector, but I am not running any apps. I am just playing music while charging. I'll check that link out. Thanks again.
be aware that your ipod might 'sweat' a little, and i mean little, bit more in the rubber case whilst charging and maybe a bit more whilst charging and being used at the same time. This is compared to the same when the ipod is out of a case.
Nothing to worry about, but I thought I'd let you know incase you noticed and got concerned.
M. Poirot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch