Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
I'm assuming you're using MT to fix your mewseek problem. First hit the refresh button at the top left of the file system page (before you touch mewseek to get to your songs). If that doesn't work you can try this way.

1) Open WinSCP
2) Navigate to /var/mobile/Media/Music/MewSeek, and copy the manifest file to your computer
3) Right-click, and select New>Link
4) In the top field, put MewSeek
5) In the bottom field, put /var/mobile/Media/Downloads
6) Make sure "Symbolic link" is checked.
7) Hit okay
8)Navigate to /var/mobile/Media/Downloads
9) Replace the manifest file
10)Open PwnPlayer, and go to File system>MewSeek to play them!

This way may be easier for you than the MT way.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
ok my GF has a pc and i used hers i did everything ok EXCEPT i deleted the old manifest file ..so i do i replace it as it says

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
ok my GF has a pc and i used hers i did everything ok EXCEPT i deleted the old manifest file ..so i do i replace it as it says

You don't have to delete it you just make a copy of it on your desktop and make the changes that it says. You should be able to just drop it back in. I used mobile terminal to fix the problem so I didn't use SSH.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
so how would i get the manifest back ?

You can keep the original saved on your computer if you want. You want the one you change to replace the one that's there. So if you did it right you won't need to get it back.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
well i downloaded more music from mewseek and its showing up in pwnplayer so is everything ok?

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
well i downloaded more music from mewseek and its showing up in pwnplayer so is everything ok?

Yeah you should be ok just remember to hit the refresh button on the file system page if they don't show up automatically and they should be there after you do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.