Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
Right now, I have a 30" and a 23" (older acrylic) ACDs hooked up to a Powermac 2GHz Dual-Core G5 with a stock GeForce 6600LE. I'd like to hook up another 23" (older acrylic), but I don't know which video card to buy that would allow me to do this. Thanks for the help.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
When you say dual-core, I'm not sure if you mean dual processor.

If your mac is dual processor, and has PCI-x slots then unfortunately adding a PCI graphics card will disable quartz (limiting programs such as iMovie).

If it has PCIe graphics (dual core models) then a X1900 would work (I think you need two of the same card installed though).

http://ati.amd.com/products/RadeonX1900/index.html

PaulinMaryland

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Maryland, USA
Matrox

Matrox has always seemed to support more monitors per card than anyone. Their TripleHead2go digital edition, for example, is a USB breakout box that can drive three monitors at 1680 x 1050. They have quad-display internal boards. Their M series cards can support 4 monitors each. The M cards are for Windows only, but check around the Matrox site; I'll bet you'll find a Mac-friendly card that will do what you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.