Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ace2600

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Austin, Texas
I received a 1 star review today from a lady saying she has "yet been able to open the app" and "it has crashed every single time". She appears to be the only one affected. I can understand an error when performing a certain task in the app, but not ever being able to open the app leads me to believe it's an environment issue.

The app uses the 2.1 SDK. Is it possible to install an app on a 2.0 device? This is my current hypothesis. Has anyone else heard of a similar problem as hers?

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
This has happened with beta testers but I'm hoping it's an AdHoc thing. Do you have anything in your startup(Reading files, connecting online) that might fail?

ace2600

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Austin, Texas
This is a distribution build and the user downloaded the app from the store. I do restore state when the app loads, similar to the DrillDownSave example from Apple. But there should be no state to load since it's a fresh install.

In addition to my testing before launch, Apple must have tested installing and launching the app as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.