Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:17 PM   #1
stir-crazy
macrumors newbie

Question Alternative INTERNAL wifi for clamshell G3 other than Airport?

Hello all,

just got into these clamshell iBooks, but wanted to know if there are any alternative internal wireless cards that will fit in/work with the clamshell iBooks. I've done quite a bit of searching, and so far have only been able to find a mod that involves removing the heatshield (and thus killing the machine quickly...).

I'm mostly concerned because I like to load Linux OS's on these things, but seems that only OSX has magically been able to get WPA encryption active with the original airports! Ugh!

So, any ideas on vendors and models, or SAFE mods greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance all!
stir-crazy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook