Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbflip2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
K fed-ex just delivered. I am taking any questions that you guys would liked answer and I will post my review and pics in a couple of hours. Ill try to answer as many questions as I can.

FFTWarren

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
how is the speed of it? do you think a lil slower 1.6 would be a good purchase? also how is the screen is it completely free of defects (dead pixels, stuck pixels, dust, etc.)

cbflip2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Is it your first Air?

A full review would be nice.

No this is not my first macbook air. I had the 1.6 ghz 80 gb pata hdd macbook air that i returned after 32 days of having it due to fan problems. Working on an early review right now.

bain

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
Looking forwarded to details!

My old PC laptop is on its last leg and time for a new laptop. Not excited about learning Vista and decided if I have to essentially learn a new OS, great time to switch. After researching the different MacBooks, I have opted to go with the Air. Simply because it meets my needs (light) and I have the money to afford it (stylish). Looking forward to your reviews and details.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
LOL fans blaring... Did it explode and burn your leg yet?

OP's not responding. Hope the explosion did not require the paramedics.

Obviously, 20W in a small enough setting could generate a nuclear fusion reaction - causing the fans to spin up to 6,200.

Especially with a lame ass GPU. Known fusion catalyst.

The rev A air PROVED that.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
OP's not responding. Hope the explosion did not require the paramedics.

Obviously, 20W in a small enough setting could generate a nuclear fusion reaction - causing the fans to spin up to 6,200.

Especially with a lame ass GPU. Known fusion catalyst.

The rev A air PROVED that.

or doing a migration... if wireless, we should hear back tomorrow.;)

twist2b

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
North Carolina
MMAAAAANNNN I want some xbench results PRONTO. I want to know how much better the graphics card does, and I REALLY want to know how well the new SSD works.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think I missed something. What are the specs of the OP's machine? 2.0 is just suggesting it's the new MB Air. So I'd be curious to know.

I mostly want to know about the display.

twist2b

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
North Carolina
I think I missed something. What are the specs of the OP's machine? 2.0 is just suggesting it's the new MB Air. So I'd be curious to know.

I mostly want to know about the display.

Well, the New MBA has an improved graphics card, SSD drive is 128 instead of 64 which is VERY nice, and I think the display is improved. Though that is yet to be decided :)

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
They had the display units (1.86ghz 128SSD) out here at the Apple store. The display on the demo unit's at least was the same as the first generation.

twist2b

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
North Carolina
Yea I would go with the SSD, its totally worth it!

Just thinking though, and I did not hear anything about this:

Since the graphics card works diff, wouldn't the display be somewhat diff? At least its connections. So updating might be a pain!

mullerit

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2008
They had the display units (1.86ghz 128SSD) out here at the Apple store. The display on the demo unit's at least was the same as the first generation.

and they are connected to the internet @ Apple Store right? ...what held you up to run Xbench there? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.