Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Hello everyone.
I have been trying to sell my Ibook. Ebay has not been a good experience for me ( buyers backing out, fighting with ebay over the fees for the sold (actually NOT sold !) item etc.
CAn anybody suggest a good place on the net to sell my Ibook? It just seems unbelievable that it would be this hard to sell a 6 months old item still under warranty.
Thanks in advance for any advise

Angelica

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Re: Finding a place where to sell my Ibook

Originally posted by angelica
Hello everyone.
I have been trying to sell my Ibook. Ebay has not been a good experience for me ( buyers backing out, fighting with ebay over the fees for the sold (actually NOT sold !) item etc.
CAn anybody suggest a good place on the net to sell my Ibook? It just seems unbelievable that it would be this hard to sell a 6 months old item still under warranty.
Thanks in advance for any advise

Angelica

eBay also runs a second site called half.com. Instead of dealing with the individual dealer you work through eBay. They buy the item as if it were any other product, you are then required to ship it to him or her, and at the end of the month you get a deposit to your account (checking or savings) or a check with the money from the sale, in addition to any other sales you make. It allows you to set a price and you get your money for sure.

rfenik

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2003
Why do you want to sell it? Whats wrong with it?

What model is it and how much are you wanting to get for it?

-ko

angelica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
I have a G3 800, dvd, and 384 MB of RAM. Os 9 and 10.2 Jaguar, still under warranty until june. I have lots of software, including Office, Virtual PC and some web design and image editing software.
I am asking $900 for the package.
My son needs (or wants?-that's not clear :( ) a Powerbook for his computer classes.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by angelica
I have a G3 800, dvd, and 384 MB of RAM. Os 9 and 10.2 Jaguar, still under warranty until june. I have lots of software, including Office, Virtual PC and some web design and image editing software.
I am asking $900 for the package.
My son needs (or wants?-that's not clear :( ) a Powerbook for his computer classes.
Catch-22...

People can buy a NEW

iBook 900MHzG3/128MB/40GB/COMBO/E/56K/12.1TFT for $899.00 from Apple

If the machine comes with the CDs/Manuals/Serials for the software you mentioned, it's a good deal for the buyer.

If it comes loaded with the stuff on the HD & no original Software Boxes, buyers would back-out at that price.

If you're buying a new machine, you'd probably want to transfer the software to the new machine -- if you sell you software, you'd spend a lot more buying it back again, than if you sold the machine without the software.

angelica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Catch-22...

People can buy a NEW

iBook 900MHzG3/128MB/40GB/COMBO/E/56K/12.1TFT for $899.00 from Apple

Yes, it is true, but mine comes with a airport card, and 3 times as much ram, and the extrasoftware for the same price....not to mention......NO TAX:cool:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If you're not selling it with the boxes of software...

img_featureB_office.gif

Then the software really shouldn't be listed.

Though it is odd that you don't know what software you have, when it's listed on the side of the software boxes.

---

Most people look at the stuff loaded on the HD as nothing, and the boxes and original CDs/serials/licenses as actual software being sold.

Though it would cost more than $900 to buy a full copy of Office + Virtual PC and a Adobe Colletion, because the full whack copies would be in the box with the iBook and you'd no longer be upgrade eligible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.