Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malakai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Tonight when the clocks were to automatically fall back an hour here in the US my iPhone started acting crazy. The OS was so lagged that you could not swipe to unlock or even power off. Two reboots could not correct the problem.

Has anyone else in the US encountered this?

Eastern Standard Time - Michigan

Thanks in advance!

mattocs

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
I didn't have any issues. I am in the same time zone. I looked at my phone around 1:45AM...and all was well. A while later, I looked, and it was 1:45 again.

Perhaps its just by chance it started acting up when the time changed, or maybe you are just expecting it, so you think its messing up?

Malakai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Actually I wasn't expecting it. I tied the two together after the fact. My phone has never acted that way and it did not go back to normal until I connected to the USB once I got home from work.

Odd though.

cjandnw

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
South Jersey
Because of Lunesta, I forgot to set all of my clocks and watches back. But my iPhone3G took care of me. It woke me up on time this morning at 0430 EST and got me off to work without a hitch. All email, safari and phone functions are working normally as well.

I love my iPhone!:)

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
nope it was fine at 159am as i was watching it out of curiosity... it went from 159 to 100am so it was fine...then i went to bed :D

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I didn't even notice the time change. I woke up, looked at the time on my iPhone and never even remembered about Daylights savings time.

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
nope it was fine at 159am as i was watching it out of curiosity... it went from 159 to 100am so it was fine...then i went to bed :D
+1
noticed no lag or anything unusual when i sent a test email to see what time stamps various email systems would put on it.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
my Iphone "just worked" and switched.

my radio updated digital clock that beams and updates its info from some atomic clock each night.

Did not.
:(

Moral: Always trust your iPhone.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I don't think the time change comes from the phone anyway, I think it comes from the cell provider.

You are correct. The time is sync'd from the provider network. The iPhone acting up could be coincidence.

The time is internal but is checked against the cell network and adjusted if needed.

rtaylor

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
I'm having an issue with my calendar. All of my calendar events are now scheduled 1 hour ahead.

This calendar is being sync'd from my companies Exchange server... everything is correct within my Outlook email, but all events are incorrect on my iPhone.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I have a iPhone 3GS running on 3.1.2.

Thanks for any help!
- Ryan

rtaylor

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
I'm having an issue with my calendar. All of my calendar events are now scheduled 1 hour ahead.

This calendar is being sync'd from my companies Exchange server... everything is correct within my Outlook email, but all events are incorrect on my iPhone.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I have a iPhone 3GS running on 3.1.2.

Thanks for any help!
- Ryan

I fixed my calendar issue. This is what I had to do...

Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Under Calendars, select TimeZone Support and set that to Off.

All times on my calendar are now correct.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I changed mine manually before I went to sleep because while I assumed that the phone would correct itself, I didn't want to run the risk of oversleeping. Woke up and everything was fine.

Malten

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
Worked then didnt

I watched my phone at 1:59 go back to 1:00. But when i checked my phone at 1 pm today, it said 2:00pm on my phone and 1:00pm on my computer. WHAT TIME IS IT ?!?!

krad

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
AT&T had an Arizona DST fail, it set my phone to PST even though AZ is in MST all year (we have no DST). I missed church this morning because even though I set a new alarm just in case, the time on my phone was an hour earlier than it really was.

stoutdog101

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
AT&T had an Arizona DST fail, it set my phone to PST even though AZ is in MST all year (we have no DST). I missed church this morning because even though I set a new alarm just in case, the time on my phone was an hour earlier than it really was.

x2 Exact same thing happened to me. If you toggle the automatic time zone switch, it'll fix the problem... Still doesn't take back the fact that I missed church this morning because of it.:rolleyes:

Shogun54

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
Anybody's check their android?

Both of the android sets in this household were 2 hours off this morning, not just one. Both sets reset the time twice, apparently once on their own and once from the network. I love great technology!:rolleyes:

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I had to go to time.gov to figure out what time it was when I woke up. My iPhone read one time, my computer read another and my microwave read another.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I turned off my phone before I wentto sleep (as I always do). Woke up, powered it back on and the time was correct

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I was concerned because I use my iPad as an alarm clock and had to get up on time this morning to travel about an hour to preach. I had read about the DST issue that had been reported here so I set the iPad to 4 AM instead of 5 just to be sure.

I didn't need to as both my iPhone and iPad worked flawlessly. No problem at all when the alarm went off at 4 AM I checked the time against another mechanical clock that I have that does not have an alarm and it showed the correct time I then reset it for 5 AM and went back to sleep. :)

UserNotLover

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
Problem With Some iPhones

I was working with a friend who had her new Mac lap top. After 2 am Sunday my iPhone jumped back 1 hour (not ahead) and her lap top jumped 3 hours ahead. My PC was correct and we went in opposite directions. It was like we fell into a little time whirl pool.

Her lap top eventually righted itself and my iPhone came back to EST but not DST. My wife's iPhone has no problem but mine I found that I had to turn off the automatic setting then I'm in DST. Turn automatic back on - back to EST.

Talking to other iPhones users at work and I found I was not the only one. I thought it did finally operate correctly in Auto but discovered that it is back to EST not DST.

My wife's iPhone is working but I did find that she has an older OS version and I believe that is the source of the quirk. She has 4.0 (8A293) and I have OS 4.01 (8A306). I'm guessing some small error was introduced in OS 4.01 and probably corrected in a newer version which I haven't bothered to load.

If you have OS 4.01 just turn off automatic. I'm curious if DST will start in the pre 2007 setting (i.e. three weekends from now)

P.S. It is a wide spread problem: http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/13/iphone-daylight-savings-time-bug-fall-back-instead-of-spring-forward/

BTW: Rebooting as it suggested here did not work for me.

Last edited:

UserNotLover

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
iTunes Source Of My Problem

I can set time to auto and reboot with everything OK until I sync to iTunes then its back to EST. Computer time is correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.