Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkhawk29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Woodstock, GA
Ok so here's the issue, i've got a G3 AIO that has started giving me problems. I changed out the hard drive to a bigger one, a whole 6 Gb. and now none of the drives work. The CD-Rom won't even open/close. The grey screen comes up and has the ol flashing folder. Oh and the mouse will move the cursor around. That's it, that's all it does. Any ideas? Oh yea, i've changed the mother board, battery, personality card and still no luck. Thanks in advance for any tips.

pepeleuepe

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Make sure you have the jumpers set correctly for the new hard drive. If the CD-ROM is on cable select and the HD is set differently, that could cause problems. Also, this is probably a stupid thing to mention since I'm sure you've checked it, but make sure you have a bootable partition on the new HD. Otherwise you need to boot from an installation CD.

darkhawk29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Woodstock, GA
THanks for the note, i've got the jumper off of the HD and set to master on the CD-Rom , just like it was when it was actually working. The new hard drive needs to be formatted but I can't load the CD as the CD-Rom isn't working. I've tried all different combinations of jumpers but nothing seems to change. Also, I've tried a floppy disk with the drive setup 1.7 something and it just spits it out. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.