Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Nov 3, 2008, 02:47 PM   #1
barr08
macrumors 65816

Logitech Z-5500 for Home Theater?

Hey all,

I am no audiophile, so I need some advice. I recently set up a semi-budget home theater system, and I feel like I need some audio to go with it. I have always used logitech speakers for my mac, and am thinking about getting their flagship z-5500's so hook up to my TV and Xbox 360.

I have a question, though. Will I be able to hook these speakers up to my TV and get 5.1 surround sound on my TV and 360? I want to be able to connect the speakers to the TV, and have all audio automatically go through the logitechs, in 5.1 if available. Is there a way to just connect these speakers to the TV and forget about them, just like they were built in speakers? I don't want to have to mess with anything on the speakers when I switch from my 360 to my cable box, etc.

Thanks for the input!

Reference:
Logitech's page
Amazon
Cnet
Old Nov 3, 2008, 03:00 PM   #2
Sarborg
macrumors newbie

Logitech

Hi, i have this system - i don't know if i can answer your question correctly BUT:
3 things i can say is:

1) it's a TERRIFFIC setup for audio experience.

2) it's using a banana split stick "black-green-orange" for both the connection to the control center, and to wherever your output thingy is e.g. Computer.
I use mine at my computer and only put in my Green jackstick in the 3-split banana bundle.. But i think you can just take and act as if it's a phono stick and plug it into your tv where the audio out-put is.
3) i switch between my DJ mixing pult, and my computer like 10 times a week atleast, and it's easily done. no need to change settings or anything so that won't be a problem..

Just my 5 cent

- Sarborg aka.a Dj evisia
Sarborg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio