Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2002
i was trying to find an old manual the other day...

i'm very familiar with hotline...but i can't figure out how to search for things on carracho...tracker-tracker.com doesn't seem to provide the answer for carracho...

i'm stumped...i'm sure many will scold me for not digging deeper...as this is a dumb question...

but i'd appreciate some thoughts...

thanks...jv

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I thought all you did was enter the search servers in preferences and then use the search window. I may be wrong, it's been a while since I used caraccho and I'm sure they aren't called search servers.

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2002
is that how i search for files? is it just telling me servers that have the files one them? is it just that it's a little less convenient than hotline since it doesn't tell me where the files are located on the servers...maybe this is what i can't figure out...jv

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
What i do is search the descriptions. For example, if i'm looking for a particular film, i'll search for servers with 'divx' in the description. It's certaintly not a fool-proof way of finding that particular film i may happen to be looking for, but it helps narrow the search down.

My understanding is that there isn't a way searching for individual files, like in hotline. I still much prefer carracho though, as i tend to find better admins than on hotline servers.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
There is no way to search for individual files. You have to search for descriptions. Instead of searching for an MP3 file try putting in the band name instead, etc. You'll have to use genres and general names a lot.

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
i believe you can search for invidual files, but thats what the pay service on tracker-tracker.com is for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.