Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Well i brought a MacBook Pro 15" at the start of the year and have been having problems ever since im just wondering if anyone else has had these problems and what they did. Firstly ive had Leopard on my MBP but after it had Crashed while it was restarting it made this Really Long Loud Beep (Didn't do a Firmware upgrade!) then we leopard starting up it said the Leopard crashed and it had to be restarted every since that its been hell
1) 1Hour Max Battery Life
2) GPU running at 80 degrees on Idle (Word Processing, Web Browsing)
3) Leopard Corrupting (When ever i install Leopard again it does something weird then it cant start up again)
4) Slow Startup of Wireless Network Card (Get Cross on Airport Symbol thing until about 30 seconds later it connects)

Thats the Hardware problems.

now im getting Case Damage
1) Wearing in positions where you rest your hands
2) Broken Edge of case

So please give me some advice on what i should do if you have had these problems etc.. What im really thinking of doing is Selling the Laptop (after Fixed) and buying a PC cause im really sick of Apple Products what do you think i should do?

Inconsequential

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2007
Get it replaced or taken to an apple store or call apple care?

There is obviously an issue with it and your within the warranty.

You might even get a replacement if there is that much wrong with it. Sounds like your power boards on the way out and the cooling isn't correctly installed either.

I'd ask for a replacement, probs have to wait for it to be fixed tho!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.