Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 5, 2008, 12:18 PM   #1
goldleaf
macrumors newbie

SDK: Possible to access Nike+ Transmitter?

I'm very new at Objective-C and the SDK, and I was wondering if anyone knows if/how to access the transmitter inside of the new iPod Touch? I understand that it's bluetooth, and I thought it would be great if you could tether it to a bluetooth keyboard, allowing you to take notes faster using the iPod touch.

Does anyone know much about this?
goldleaf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 04:25 AM   #2
jnic
macrumors 6502a

I imagine you'd have to jailbreak the device before you could access specific pieces of hardware, as the sandbox imposed by Apple is quite restrictive. Google "iPhone SDK sandbox" or similar for more details.
jnic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:11 PM   #3
goldleaf
macrumors newbie

I see. Makes sense; I was looking through the SDK documentation, trying to figure out how to disable the camera based on gps/wifi/cell tower proximity to allow an iphone to be used in sensitive work areas, and couldn't find anything like that.

Thanks for the heads up.
goldleaf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming