Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:43 PM   #1
akarlsen
macrumors newbie

Double sided printing on Canon MP610 (solved)

Hi everyone,

I've converted from Vista to the new Macbook and have run in to a problem with my printer (Canon MP610). One of the functions I used often in Vista was the double sided printing function. After installing the latest Mac drivers from Canon's American homepage I get a lot of printing options on my mac, but under layout the double sided printing option is marked grey and I'm unable choose this option.

Have anybody noticed something similar using a canon printer? Any ideas concerning how to fix this?

Thanks!

By the way the new Macbook is great =)

Last edited by akarlsen; Nov 6, 2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Solution found
akarlsen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:01 PM   #2
rushmere
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarlsen View Post
Hi everyone,

I've converted from Vista to the new Macbook and have run in to a problem with my printer (Canon MP610). One of the functions I used often in Vista was the double sided printing function. After installing the latest Mac drivers from Canon's American homepage I get a lot of printing options on my mac, but under layout the double sided printing option is marked grey and I'm unable choose this option.

Have anybody noticed something similar using a canon printer? Any ideas concerning how to fix this?

Thanks!

By the way the new Macbook is great =)
I've just got a new MP610 today, and installed the software from the supplied CD. The duplex option is working fine for me. When I get to the print dialogue box, there is an option box about half way down, and I choose "Duplex Printing & Margin" from the list. I can then tick a box that says "Automatic Duplex Printing", and it prints double sided.

Are you getting the same options?
rushmere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 09:30 AM   #3
akarlsen
macrumors newbie

Yes, I have the same options. Just didn't even consider entering the option you gave, the double sided printing option seemed to be the correct box.

Thank you! :-D
akarlsen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Cicero76
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmere View Post
I've just got a new MP610 today, and installed the software from the supplied CD. The duplex option is working fine for me. When I get to the print dialogue box, there is an option box about half way down, and I choose "Duplex Printing & Margin" from the list. I can then tick a box that says "Automatic Duplex Printing", and it prints double sided.

Are you getting the same options?
Rushmere, thanks for helping out your fellow forum members. You really saved me (after about a half hour of googling). You rock.
Cicero76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 01:57 AM   #5
Benski1970
macrumors newbie

Is there any way of printing double sided by default? I'd also like to change the default print quality from normal to draft. It seems a bit awkward having to set these on every single print job, but I can't see any way of changing the default settings.
Benski1970 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals