Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djRuffian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
This topic might have already been covered, but i want to know if its possible to transfer games/apps from the PC (proper iPhone format games), to the iPhone, without having to jailbreak the phone.

I know music can be transferred through iTunes, but can you do (basically) the same thing for games/apps?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
This topic might have already been covered, but i want to know if its possible to transfer games/apps from the PC (proper iPhone format games), to the iPhone, without having to jailbreak the phone.

I know music can be transferred through iTunes, but can you do (basically) the same thing for games/apps?

If you mean for an app that isn't in the App Store, all you can do without jailbreaking is to sign up for the SDK and download it, then build the game using that. However, it will cost you; to be able to load the game onto any iPhone or iPod touch (even if it isn't being submitted to the App Store), you have to pay $99 to Apple.

djRuffian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
So there is no possible way to say download a game or app from a website to your computer and then transfer it to your iPhone?Are apps only hosted on the iTunes store or are there other sites you can get them from?

Also, if you do end up jailbreaking the phone you can install iPhone games from the comp to the phone right?

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
so you're talking about illegally obtained apps then. this isnt the place to discuss it. move along.

djRuffian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
this shouldn't be the place to talk about jailbreaking the phone but every second person does. Anyway, not all apps are on the store doesn't mean there illegal.

Ihavenoideea

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
HELP please! How do transfer a game from PC to iphone?

I bought a game "Assassin's creed" form apps store but the suggestion was that it is too big so better to buy it and downloaded through my PC. Which I did. When I tried to sync with my iphone it went the other way (copying my apps from my iphone to itunes. What can I do? My iphone is 32GS, NOT JAILBROKEN, and the OS for my PC is VISTA (yaikes...)
Thanks for any help.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I bought a game "Assassin's creed" form apps store but the suggestion was that it is too big so better to buy it and downloaded through my PC. Which I did. When I tried to sync with my iphone it went the other way (copying my apps from my iphone to itunes. What can I do? My iphone is 32GS, NOT JAILBROKEN, and the OS for my PC is VISTA (yaikes...)
Thanks for any help.

That's normal, by default it copies over any apps that are on your phone that are not already in iTunes (in case your phone messes up, so you dont have to redownload it). Try resyncing and it should install the game you bought. If not, on the screen for your iPhone in iTunes (it'll be a white page with the bar at the bottom and a picture of an iPhone at the top), click the Applications tab and make sure "Sync all applications" is checked or, if you select what applications are installed, make sure there's a check next to Assassin's Creed.

debrutsid

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
how about transferring a iphone game to pc and being able to play it? i do not have an iphone, but one of my favorite sega cd games was ported (even tho they got rid of the outstanding narrator in the beginning, and changed the look and name of the hero.

i have a few friends who have them but i want to make sure i can play it before i buy it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.