Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tnsmart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
For some reason, events added to my iPod Touch don't sync to iCal anymore. Events sync from iCal to the iPod and from iCal to MobileMe and MobileMe to iCal. If I change an iCal event on my iPod and then sync it, it will leave the edited one on the iPod but also add another just like it is in iCal, but will not change in iCal. Any one else with this problem? Any ideas?

tnsmart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
correction

Ok, now MobileMe is acting just like my iPod. If I change/add an event on me.com and then sync my computer, it does not add/change it in iCal. It adds the unchanged version back to MobileMe in addition to the changed version, just like the iPod Touch. I think I will try setting up Push for Calendars on my iPod and see what happens. Any other ideas?

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
You should have been using push for the calendars to begin with. That should solve your problem. Having manual sync coinciding with over-the-air updates seems likely to be problematic. If that doesn't solve your problem, then your iCal app is likely corrupt. Doing an archive and install of Mac OS would fix that.

tnsmart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
I have noticed that when I do a Permission Repair in Disk Utility, this is found but for some reason not repaired:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

related?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.