Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:21 PM   #1
downingp
macrumors 6502a

TV Shows not showing up on AppleTV

I downloaded a TV show using the TVShows app. I then converted the .avi file into a .mp4 file using VisualHub and imported it into iTunes. The file shows up as a movie file when it first gets imported into iTunes. I went to "get info" and changed it to a TV Show file. The file was then moved from my movies into the TV shows list. The file works great when I watch it using Quicktime and iTunes. The TV show even works when I put it in with my movies list on my AppleTV. But for some reason when I put the file as a TV show, it won't show up on my AppleTV.

Any ideas? Thanks.
downingp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:55 AM   #2
Macmanu1973
macrumors newbie

try quiting iTunes and relaunching it.

ATV will reconnect and most likely will refresh the TV show
Macmanu1973 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:58 AM   #3
downingp
macrumors 6502a

It didn't work to turn off iTunes and start it back up again. But I did figure out what the problem was. I guess I needed to tag the episode with the metadata in order for it to show up in my TV shows list.
downingp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater