Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:18 AM   #1
aznguyen316
macrumors 68000

iPod Shuffle - help w/ playlists

Hey MR, just got a new iPod shuffle (blue is beautiful) and I was under the impression the shuffle could handle multiple playlists?

When I drag a couple of genius playlists onto the shuffle device in iTunes, it just adds the songs. I was thinking I could have actual playlists seen on the shuffle, so I could either play through or skip through playlists by pressing the play button 3x. I'm guessing this isn't the case and I misunderstood some information about the shuffle.

So is there only one single "playlist" on the shuffle itself, and I can either play straight through, or shuffle the entire list no matter the actual playlists I used to add them to the shuffle? Thanks!
aznguyen316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:36 AM   #2
tobefirst
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznguyen316 View Post
So is there only one single "playlist" on the shuffle itself, and I can either play straight through, or shuffle the entire list no matter the actual playlists I used to add them to the shuffle?
This is correct.

The triple-click you mentioned re-shuffles the songs. It does not move to the next playlist.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:57 AM   #3
aznguyen316
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefirst View Post
This is correct.

The triple-click you mentioned re-shuffles the songs. It does not move to the next playlist.
Thank you.
aznguyen316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod