Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 10, 2008, 02:48 PM   #1
Atrael
macrumors newbie

Boxee and Hulu quality on AppleTV?

So I've been watching the discussions about hacking my TV and putting on Boxee and how it's the greatest thing ever. But I haven't seen anyone actually talk about the qualtiy of the content. Hulu can be hit or miss on my laptop, I don't really want to watch a pixilated TV show on my 50inch HDTV. So how do things like Hulu or Comedy Central look on a large HDTV?

Thanks.
Atrael is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 02:53 PM   #2
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrael View Post
So I've been watching the discussions about hacking my TV and putting on Boxee and how it's the greatest thing ever. But I haven't seen anyone actually talk about the qualtiy of the content. Hulu can be hit or miss on my laptop, I don't really want to watch a pixilated TV show on my 50inch HDTV. So how do things like Hulu or Comedy Central look on a large HDTV?

Thanks.
Not sure how boxee would look on an aTV, but just yesterday, I watch "Fringe" on my Sharp 46" 1080p HDTV (from about 7 feet away) via my Macbook. Looked pretty good (at least as good as a DVD). Note that I was watching the 480p feed and not all shows have that option.

ft
ftaok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 03:07 PM   #3
spice weasel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok View Post
Not sure how boxee would look on an aTV, but just yesterday, I watch "Fringe" on my Sharp 46" 1080p HDTV (from about 7 feet away) via my Macbook. Looked pretty good (at least as good as a DVD). Note that I was watching the 480p feed and not all shows have that option.

ft
IIRC, Hulu on Boxee for ATV doesn't use the 480p stream, but the 320p one. I think it has something to do with the ATV not being able to handle it properly. I've watched a few Hulu shows and the quality is ok, but not great.
spice weasel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater