Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

140656-CSINetflix.jpg

i.TV has updated their popular iPhone application to include support for Netflix queue management.

In addition to the existing ability to find TV shows and movies, the free app offers these new features:

- Search results now include over 100,000 DVD titles from Netflix, in addition to TV programs, in-theater movies and detailed show information and cast lists.
- Discover Netflix DVD titles by tapping the ‘Watch’ button from any TV or movie details screen.
- Easily reorder or delete items in your Netflix queue from within the My Media tab.
- Add movies and TV episodes to your Netflix instant watching queue, allowing you to instantly stream content to your Windows PC, Xbox 360, Roku box, TiVo® Series3, TiVo HD, or TiVo HD XL digital video recorders and select Blu-Ray players. (Mac support by end of 2008).

i.TV has also made steady improvements to their existing feature set which have been detailed in their blog.

App Store Link: i. TV (free)

Article Link: i.TV adds Netflix Queue Manangement

Superman07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Yup, I came across this update this morning. I already put my feedback in the i.TV thread, but I'll say again this is a very nice addition.

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
Does this mean that instead of taking a full minute for i.TV to load, it will now take two full minutes? :eek:
i.TV is great and I love the App and I recommend it to everyone with an iPhone, but I just wish it didn't take so darn long to open the App and download the data.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
This is a pretty cool app, I can't believe I never heard of this before.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it a try, hopefully the netflix management tool is better than Dashbuster. :)

sonnyjames

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
Minnesota
So? I want TiVo manager!

What we all really need is TiVo manager - not another Netflix manager. I also would like the ability to watch my TiVo recorded shows on my iPhone without using Roxio. Its also important to have closed caption support for myself (deaf).

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Personally I think i.tv is going in the wrong direction with Netflix. I think they should concentrate more on the tv viewing experience (tivo, directv dvr management, perhaps even remote control capabilities) and on fixing their way too slow interface. I recently added the "What's On" tv guide application and I must say it is much better at the core functionality.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Nice effort but the feature isn't very usable for me. At the very minimum, it needs to display titles sent and shipping estimate for titles in queue.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
Awesome. I'm still waiting for them to add content streaming that is not through Netflix. I'd love some sort of live TV feature. Is that allowed?? :confused:

blinkcowz182

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
Awesome. I'm still waiting for them to add content streaming that is not through Netflix. I'd love some sort of live TV feature. Is that allowed?? :confused:

I can pretty much guarantee you won't see live tv streaming from any app on the iPhone unless its a Slingbox type app. There's no way to stream your tv feed to the iPhone without hardware physically redirecting the signal to you (a la slingbox) or the TV networks jump in and offer this to someone. It'd be illegal for a company to have say a dish network subscription streaming out to thousands of users. I don't see the network provided streams happening because the TV networks are just now jumping on the "you can stream TV shows a few nights after they air" boat and are likely a few years from letting someone watch the show right on their phone.

Streaming recorded shows from your DVR could be another story however...

Wildog27

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
What we all really need is TiVo manager - not another Netflix manager. I also would like the ability to watch my TiVo recorded shows on my iPhone without using Roxio. Its also important to have closed caption support for myself (deaf).

I don't know if this supports for the closed captioning, but this is the best piece of software I've found to watch TiVo on the iPhone.

http://code.google.com/p/itivo/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.